The NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S is a high-performance S-Line lens that has cleared higher standards in design principles and quality control to deliver richly detailed image expression.
Maximizing the advantages of the Nikon Z mount system, outstanding optical performance that can create exquisite bokeh characteristics is achieved. In contrast with beautiful bokeh, sharp resolution at the focal plane is remarkably emphasized to enable the capture of impressive portraits.
The multi-focusing system delivers an extremely sharp focal plane across the entire shooting range, including close distances, while contributing to highly accurate, high-speed AF.
Nano Crystal Coat that effectively reduces ghost and flare is employed to ensure clear, sharp rendering even under backlit conditions.
- Dimensions Approximately 75.0 mm maximum diameter x 99.0 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight Approximately 470 g/1 lb 0.6 oz
- Focal length 85 mm
- Maximum aperture f/1.8
- Minimum aperture f/16
- Lens construction 12 elements in 8 groups (including 2 ED glass elements and elements with Nano Crystal Coat)
- Angle of view FX format: 28°30', DX format: 18°50'
- Minimum focus distance 0.8 m/2.62 ft from focal plane
- Maximum reproduction ratio 0.12x
- Diaphragm blades 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Filter-attachment size 67 mm (P = 0.75 mm)