Extraordinary FX-format prime lens with large f/1.4 aperture and 58 mm focal length.
Designed to perform best at maximum aperture, this lens pushes the limits of image quality.
Truly in a class of its own, the 58 mm focal length pays homage to Nikon’s legendary Noct-NIKKOR lens, while the brand new optical construction enables astounding sharpness, contrast, and resolution.
An exceptional lens for shooting night scenes, the AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G reproduces point light sources like city lights as fine rounded points all the way to the edge of the frame. Bokeh is exquisitely smooth with no rough edges, which makes this a great lens for portraits, too.
- Focal length: 58mm
- Maximum aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum aperture: f/16
- Lens construction: 9 elements in 6 groups (including 2 aspherical lens elements, and lens elements with a Nano Crystal Coat)
- Angle of view: 40° 50′ (27° 20′ with Nikon DX format)
- Minimum focus distance: 0.58 m (1.90 ft) from focal plane
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.13x
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Filter attachment size: 72 mm (P = 0.75 mm)
- Diameter x length (extension from lens mount): Approx. 85 mm maximum diameter x 70 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight: Approx. 385 g (13.6 oz)
- Supplied accessories: 72mm snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-72, Rear Lens Cap LF-4, Bayonet Hood HB-68, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1015