- Leica Q2 Monochrom camera
- Camera type Digital 35 mm compact camera, fixed focal length
- Picture format/aspect ratio 24 x 36 mm/2:3
- Lens Leica Summilux 28 f/1.7 ASPH., 11 elements in 9 groups, 3 aspherical elements
- Digital frame selector(digital zoom) 28 mm, 35 mm, 50 mm, 75 mm
- Image stabilization Optical compensation system for photo and video recordings
- Aperture range 1.7 to 16 in 1⁄3 EV increments
- Picture sensor/resolution
- Full frame black-and-white CMOS sensor, 50.4/47.3 million pixels (total/effective), without color and low-pass filter
- Dynamic range 13 aperture stops for basic ISO 200
- Bit depth 14 bit
- Photo capture format Selectable: DNG, DNG + JPEG, JPEG
- DNG/JPEG resolution JPEG:
- Zoom 28 mm: 47 megapixels (8368x5584 pixels), 24 megapixels (6000x4000 pixels), 12 megapixels (4271x2848 pixels)
- Zoom 35 mm: 30 megapixels (6704x4472 pixels), 15 megapixels (4800x3200 pixels), 8 megapixels (3424x2288 pixels)
- Zoom 50 mm: 15 megapixels (4688x3128 pixels), 8 megapixels (3360x2240 pixels), 4 megapixels (2400x1600 pixels)
- Zoom 75 mm: 7 megapixels (3136x2096 pixels), 3 megapixels (2240x1496 pixels), 2 megapixels (1600x1072 pixels)
- DNG: 46,7 megapixels (8368x5584 pixels)
- Video recording format MP4 (C4K / 4K / FullHD)
- MP4: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Audio Format: 2ch 48 kHz/16-Bit,AAC)
- Video resolution/ frame rate 4K: 30 oder 24 B/s C4K: 24 B/s Full-HD: 24, 30, 60 oder 120 B/s
- Sound recording format AAC Microphone
- Stereo Speaker Mono Storage media SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
- Recommendation: UHS II memory cards ISO range Automatic, ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800, ISO 1600, ISO 3200, ISO 6400, ISO 12500, ISO 25000, ISO 50000, ISO 100000 Dimensions (W x H x D) Approx. 130 × 80 × 91.9 mm (5.12 × 3.15 × 3.62 in) Weight Approx. 734/652 g / 25.3/22.5 oz. (without/with battery)
SpecificationsThe built-in Summilux 28 f/1.7 ASPH. prime lens is distinguished by both the razor-sharp details and exceptionally soft bokeh it renders. As the fastest lens in its segment, it is perfectly matched to the sensor of the Leica Q2 Monochrom, and delivers outstanding results even in the darkest and most challenging lighting conditions.
Eleven lens elements, including three elaborately constructed aspherical elements, ensure the highest image quality possible so textures and details can be seen like never before in tones and shades of crisp and contrast-rich black-and-white.
The 28mm all-purpose lens allows for macro photography up to 0.17m, while the wide-angle is perfectly matched for street, architecture and landscape photography. The shallow depth of field the lens also allows for stunning portraiture.
True to its reputation as one of the best cameras for street photography, the Q2 Monochrom can autofocus on a subject in under 0.15 seconds. The camera's new and improved processor also allows continuous shooting modes with up to 10 frames per second at full resolution.
To allow you maximum flexibility when composing shots, the camera features an integrated digital zoom function. Crops of 35, 50 or 75mm can be selected and images are saved in JPEGs in the corresponding resolution. An uncropped version of the image is simultaneously saved as a DNG file at full resolution, allowing you the creative freedom of picking the right crop in the editing process.