A Pocket Powerhouse
True to the core values of Astell&Kern, high fidelity sound lies at the heart of the SR25 MKII, delivering exceptional audio performance to a diverse range of music lovers. The most distinctive feature of the Astell&Kern A&norma product line is its compact form factor. However, the SR25 MKII offers more detailed sound than its predecessor, allowing the clear expression of each and every instrument and vocal note.
The SR25 MKII offers more versatile connectivity options with the addition of a 4.4mm balanced output for the first time in an A&norma player, LDAC, as well as Qualcomm® aptX™ HD, which support and deliver true audiophile sound quality.
The SR25 MKII is a true mass premium product
Improved audio quality compared to the SR25
Versatile connectivity with addition of 4.4mm balanced output support
Energy-efficient design resulting in 20 hours of continuous playback
Supports two-way Bluetooth and high-definition codecs (Qualcomm® aptX™ HD, LDAC)
ReplayGain automatically maintains constant volume
The SR25 MKII delivers improved performance across the board compared to the SR25, including bass response, dynamic range, soundstage, imaging and more.
Better Sound. Familiar Feel.
Not all DACs sound the same.
The SR25 MKII utilizes Astell&Kern's latest audio design technology for clear and natural high-resolution sound with more clearly defined upper and lower ranges providing listeners with a deeper, more rounded sound.
The SR25 MKII is capable of bit-to-bit playback for files up to 32bit/384kHz and Native DSD up to 11.2MHz, allowing for uncompressed sound quality, staying true to the artist’s original intention, in high-resolution and with minimal distortion.
With seamless playback performance supporting Native DSD256 up to 32bit/384kHz, you will derive even more pleasure from your music.
Multiple Output Options
The SR25 MKII supports 4.4mm balanced output. With 2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm output options, you can connect an even wider variety of devices.
The 4.4mm balanced output provides improved dynamic range and bass response, supports a wide soundstage, offers clear imaging, and captures subtle details in the audio source.
Enjoy your music without worrying about adaptors.
Excellent Continuous Playback Time
No need to worry about battery life. The SR25 MKII can play continuously for 20 hours with just one full charge, thanks to its optimized, energy-efficient circuitry.
Enjoy your own personal musical performance anytime, anywhere with the SR25 MKII’s extended playback time and portability.
* Music in FLAC format, 16 bit, 44.1 kHz, unbalanced, volume at 50, EQ Off, LCD Off
* Playback time may vary depending on the user environment.
Silver Plating Shield Can
Astell&Kern products apply shield cans so that noise and electromagnetic interference, which occur when the countless parts are in operation, do not affect the audio block.
The SR25 MKII has taken it a step further by applying highly conductive, hyper-pure silver plating on the existing shield cans for perfect shielding that provides excellent audio performance.
Wireless Hi-Fi Sound Through BT Sink
The newly introduced BT Sink function connects the SR25 MKII to an external device via Bluetooth, similar to connecting a smartphone with a BT speaker.
Music from an external device, such as a smartphone can now be played back in high-quality on the SR25 MKII using the BT Sink function.
AK File Drop to Enjoy Wireless Transfers
The new AK File Drop function in the SR25 MKII makes files transfers easier and more convenient.
Using AK File Drop, you can freely transfer files wirelessly through a PC, smartphone, or FTP program located on the same network.
Music file management is now possible with a cableless, wireless solution.
ReplayGain Automatically and Uniformly Adjust Playback Volume
ReplayGain, which adjusts sound sources with different volumes to an identical level, has been applied. Now, enjoy your own playlists seamlessly through the ReplayGain feature on SR25 MKII.
* ReplayGain supports up to 24bit/192 kHz sound sources."
- Model SR25 MKII
- Body Colour Mercury Dark Sliver
- Body Material Aluminium
- Display 3.6inch HD (720 x 1,280) TFT LCD
- Supported Audio Formats WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- Sample rate PCM: 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1 bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
- Output Level Unbalanced 2Vrms / Balanced 4Vrms (Condition No Load)
- CPU Quad-Core
- DAC Cirrus Logic CS43198 x2 (Dual DAC)
- Decoding Support up to 32bit/384kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- Input USB Type-C input (for charging PC & MAC)
- Outputs Unbalanced Out (3.5mm), Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported 4.4m, only 5-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth V4.2 (A2DP, AVRCP, Qualcomm®aptXTM HD, LDAC)
- Dimensions 2.5"(63.5 mm) [W] x 4.26 "(108.3 mm) [H] X 0.63" (16.1 mm) [D]
- Weight about 6.27 oz (about 178 g)
- Feature Enhancements Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Operating Temperature 0°C ~ +40°C (32°F~104°F)
- Audio Performance
- Frequency Response +0.014dB (Condition: 20Hz-20kHz) Unbalanced / +0.011dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Balanced +0.10dB (Condition: 20HZ-7 Unbalanced / £0.12dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Balanced
- Signal to Noise Ratio 122dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 124dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- Crosstalk -138dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / -144dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- THD+N 0.0006% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced/ 0.0005% @ 1kHz, Balanced
- IMD SMPTE 0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalanced / 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balanced
- Output Impedance Unbalanced Out 3.5mm (1.2ohm) / Balanced out 2.5mm (1.8ohm), 4.4.mm (1.7ohm)
- Clock Source
- Clock Jitter 25ps(Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter 70ps
- Capacity 3,150mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Continuous Playback Time about 20hours (Standard : FLAC, 16bit, 44.1kHz, Unbalanced, Vol.50, EQ Off, LCD Off) FF ICD OFF)
- Charge Time about 2.5hours (5V 2A General Charging)
- Built-in Memory 64GB [NAND]
- External Memory microSD (Max. 1TB) x1
- Supported OS Windows 8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up